The Village of Homewood is the right place to work, play, learn, be creative, and put down roots. With an award-winning school system, outstanding park district and easy commute to Chicago, Homewood's amenities offer an outstanding quality of life in a diverse, educated, vibrant community.
Residents are Educated
- 58% College Degree; 20.4% master’s/doctorate
- Homewood-Flossmoor High School is ranked 17th in the State (Newsweek)
- More than half of teachers in both Homewood school systems possess a Master's degree
Residents are Engaged
- Spend more than $1M every day with local businesses (excludes service)
- 90% have active library cards
- Schools, park district, local service groups, and the Village each report more than 200 involved volunteers
Residents are Diverse
58.50% White; 33.50% Black; 1.90% Asian; 3.40% two or more races
15 churches or synagogues within five mile radius
Source: U.S. Census, Data USA, 2014
Awards & Recognitions
- Named one of the top most livable metro-area suburbs in the Midwest - Forbes.com
- Award-winning school districts: Homewood District 153 and Homewood-Flossmoor High School (Blue Ribbon Winner)
- Award-winning park district: Homewood-Flossmoor Park District (National Gold Medal Award for Excellence in Park and Recreation Administration)
- "Top Rated Community"
- "Best Downtown" - Chicago Tribune
- "Best Town" - Chicago Magazine
NOTICE: Many homes contain recording devices, and buyers should be aware they may be recorded during a showing.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT (DMCA) NOTICE